This French-style casserole will be loved by guests with succulent chicken, pancetta and butter beans.
The ingredient of Chicken, pancetta and butter bean cassoulet recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g piece pancetta, rind removed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 4 eschalots, peeled, halved
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups coarse fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh at-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g baby spinach
The instruction how to make Chicken, pancetta and butter bean cassoulet recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a 12-cup-capacity flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add pancetta. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Add chicken to dish. Cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add eschalots, fennel and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add tomatoes, stock and thyme. Bring to the boil. Return chicken and pancetta to pan. Cover. Transfer to oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Add beans. Bake, uncovered, for a further 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, gruyere cheese, parsley and remaining oil in a bowl.
- Remove dish from oven. Stir spinach into cassoulet. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Return to oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, pancetta and butter bean cassoulet recipefatContent: 514.328 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol