Who doesn’t love a sticky sweet and tangy glazed chicken in summer? We’ve had fun this month updating a retro classic – the pineapple boat.
The ingredient of Sticky chicken salad bowl with caramelised pineapple recipe
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 160ml (2/3 cup) hoisin sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) soy sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 800g chicken tenderloins
- 200g (1 cup) black rice
- 100g small snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large pineapples with crowns, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, quartered
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Curled green shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Sticky chicken salad bowl with caramelised pineapple recipe
- Combine the sugar, hoisin, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the marinade thickens slightly. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl and pour over half the marinade. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain. Place the snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a 1cm-wide border around the edge of the cut side of each pineapple. Cut the pineapple flesh into 2cm cubes in the centre, without cutting all the way through. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the cubes and then cut into small triangle pieces. You should be left with a pineapple shell.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on medium. Spray the capsicum with oil and chargrill for 4-5 minutes or until charred and tender. Cut into thin strips and set aside. Cook the pineapple pieces for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred and caramelised. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the lime rind. Place the pineapple shells cut-side down on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edge is caramelised.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Cook the chicken in batches, basting with some of the reserved marinade, for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Fill the base of the pineapple bowls with half the rice. Add the chicken, cutting some in half to fit. Top with the lettuce, cucumber and snow peas. Add the remaining rice, capsicum and pineapple. Brush remaining reserved marinade over the chicken and pineapple. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds and the salad with shallots and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Sticky chicken salad bowl with caramelised pineapple recipefatContent: