Weve given classic creamy pasta salad a healthy makeover by using buckwheat pasta and a lighter zesty dressing, as well adding lots of nutritious ingredients such as vegies, seeds and chicken.
The ingredient of Healthy chicken pasta salad recipe
- 250g buckwheat pasta or chickpea pasta
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 50g spinach leaves
- 300g shredded barbecue chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seed mix (pine nut, pepita, sunflower seed), toasted
The instruction how to make Healthy chicken pasta salad recipe
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions, or until al dente. Add snap peas and thawed peas in the last minute of cooking. Drain, rinse under cold water.
- Place pasta and peas in a large bowl. Add spinach leaves, chicken, mint and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
- Whisk 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice with buttermilk and mayonnaise. Season well. Divide salad between serving bowls. Drizzle over dressing and scatter with toasted seeds to serve.
Nutritions of Healthy chicken pasta salad recipecalories: