The ingredient of Plum and mustard beef with duck fat potatoes recipe
- 1/2 cup duck fat
- 2kg Dutch cream potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5kg beef eye fillet, tied with kitchen string at 3cm intervals
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 120g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 3 fresh plums, cut into wedges
- 3 fresh plums, stones removed and discarded, halved
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
The instruction how to make Plum and mustard beef with duck fat potatoes recipe
- Make Plum relish: Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Add 1 cup water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes or until plums are tender and mixture has slightly thickened. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Melt duck fat in a large roasting pan in oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes to partially cook. Drain. Add potatoes and thyme to duck fat in pan. Toss to coat. Season. Roast, turning once, for 1 hour 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Season beef. Cook for 1 minute each side or until browned. Brush with plum relish. Roast in oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Drizzle with juices. Cover with foil. Stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer 2 tablespoons relish liquid to a large serving bowl. Add vinegar and remaining oil. Whisk until combined. Season. Place remaining relish in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add rocket, parmesan and plums to dressing in bowl. Gently toss to combine. Place beef on a serving board. Spoon over relish. Serve with potatoes and salad.
Nutritions of Plum and mustard beef with duck fat potatoes recipecalories: 669.678 calories
calories: 23.1 grams fat
calories: 7.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 28.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40.2 grams protein
calories: 98 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 226 milligrams sodium