This hearty Middle Eastern-inspired salad is packed with 4 serves of vegies and served with chargrilled Lebanese bread.
The ingredient of Spiced beef and sweet potato salad with beetroot hummus recipe
- 600g small orange sweet potatoes, cut lengthways into wedges
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 250g packet ready-to-eat beetroot, drained
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 100g goatu2019s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
- Lebanese bread rounds, chargrilled, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced beef and sweet potato salad with beetroot hummus recipe
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place potato on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, process beetroot, chickpeas, garlic and tahini in a food processor until almost smooth. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth and combined.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add mince. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add allspice, cinnamon and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add honey. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mince starts to caramelise and crisp.
- Spread beetroot hummus on serving plates. Top with salad leaves, potato and spiced beef. Sprinkle with pine nuts, cheese, parsley and mint. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Spiced beef and sweet potato salad with beetroot hummus recipefatContent: 1061.638 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 86.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 48.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 123 milligrams cholesterol