Treat your friends to a taste of the hot, new trend in Spanish tapas. Pintxos, pronounced pinchoss, are traditional bar snacks in the Basque Country in northern Spain. Colourful and elegant, this version tops crispy potatoes with a touch of mayo, succulent roast beef and a spicy herb sauce.
The ingredient of Potato, beef and chimichurri pintxos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g-piece beef fillet
- 8 Kipfler potatoes
- 85g (1/3 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Potato, beef and chimichurri pintxos
- To make the chimichurri, process the parsley, coriander, garlic, oregano and chilli flakes in a ood processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil and onion. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to develop the flavours. Stir in the vinegar and season.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Season the beef. Cook, turning often for 5 minutes or until browned. Roast for 25-30 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, lightly prick the potatoes with a skewer. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cover. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Halve lengthways. Pour remaining oil over a baking tray and heat in oven for 5 minutes. Add potato to the tray and turn to coat. Roast, cut-side down, for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of mayonnaise over each potato half. Top with beef slices and use small skewers or toothpicks to secure. Spoon over chimichurri.
Nutritions of Potato, beef and chimichurri pintxosfatContent: 198.37 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 20 milligrams cholesterol