Love enchiladas? Bursting for a burrito? Do we have the recipe for you! This brilliant bake takes the best of both for a fresh twist on Mexican.
The ingredient of Layered beef enchilada bake
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 420g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 8 Old El Paso flour tortillas, halved
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Layered beef enchilada bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Stir in chilli powder, cumin and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salsa Combine avocado, coriander, onion, tomato and lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Reserve 1 cup cheese. Combine remaining cheese, kidney beans and corn in a bowl. Spoon 1 cup mince mixture over the base of a 4cm-deep, 18cm x 21cm (base), 8-cup-capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with 3u20444 cup bean mixture. Top with 4 pieces of tortilla to cover. Spoon 1 cup mince mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with 3u20444 cup bean mixture. Top with another 4 pieces of tortilla. Continue layering, finishing with a layer of bean mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 10 minutes. Top with salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Layered beef enchilada bakefatContent: 708.635 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 85 milligrams cholesterol