Delicious for dinner - but even better the next day, this budget-friendly beef chilli recipe is ideal when youre cooking for crowd.
The ingredient of Traditional beef chilli
- 800g beef chuck or blade steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon ground smoky paprika
- 4 cups (1L) Massel beef stock
- 2 x 400g cans whole tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- sour cream, to serve, if desired
The instruction how to make Traditional beef chilli
- Heat a little oil in a large deep frying pan or heatproof dish over medium high. Add the steak, and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Return all the meat to the pan. Add the onion, cumin, coriander, chilli and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and tomato. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 1 1/4 hours, stirring regularly. Uncover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the meat is very tender.
- Add the kidney beans and cook for another 10 minutes. Stir through the salt, pepper and coriander.
- To serve, top with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Nutritions of Traditional beef chillifatContent: 421.596 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein