Dust off the barbecue to create this impressive roast scotch fillet dinner that will have everyone talking.
The ingredient of Barbecued beef with pepper crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground mixed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (see related recipe)
- 1.4kg piece beef scotch fillet
The instruction how to make Barbecued beef with pepper crust
- Preheat barbecue to high, leaving hood closed. Tie beef with kitchen string at 4cm intervals (to maintain shape during cooking). Combine oil, pepper, mustard, thyme and 1/2 cup sauce in a flameproof roasting pan. Add beef. Turn to coat.
- Transfer beef to barbecue chargrill, reserving oil mixture. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Return beef to pan. Reduce heat to low. Baste beef with oil mixture. Cook, covered, for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove beef. Cover with foil. Stand for 15 minutes. Slice. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Nutritions of Barbecued beef with pepper crustfatContent: 629.287 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 29 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 52 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol