Whip up a quick, delicious and nutritious dinner with this teriyaki beef & beans recipe.
The ingredient of Teriyaki beef & beans
- 4 (about 180g each) beef sirloin steaks
- 400g thin green beans
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sake or dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
The instruction how to make Teriyaki beef & beans
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a dish, then add steaks, turn to coat and set aside for 10 minutes. Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes. Rinse in cold water, then drain.
- Toss onion in half of the oil and season. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue on medium heat. Cook onion, turning, for 3-4 minutes until charred and golden, then set aside. Shake excess marinade from steaks (reserving marinade), then cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred but medium-rare in the centre. Set aside to rest while you warm through beans and onion on the grill. Bring marinade to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Arrange the beans and onion on plates and top with thickly sliced steak. Spoon over the marinade and garnish with sliced chilli and coriander. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Teriyaki beef & beansfatContent: 420.879 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 47 grams protein
sodiumContent: 104 milligrams cholesterol