This delicious beef bulgogi bowl is Korean comfort food at its best.
The ingredient of Korean beef bulgogi bowl
- 500g thick beef rump steak
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 270g (11/3 cups) white rice, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 nashi pear, quartered, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Snow pea sprouts, to serve
- Micro herbs, to serve
- Sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Korean beef bulgogi bowl
- Wrap the beef in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm. Thinly slice across the grain. Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the beef and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Steam bok choy until bright green and tender-crisp. Cut in half lengthways.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add cooked rice and press firmly with a spatula. Cook for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden underneath. Transfer to a plate. Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in the pan. Stir-fry the beef, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Heat the remaining 2 tsp vegetable oil in the pan Gently crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 4 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with beef. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Add bok choy, mushrooms, nashi pear, radish, eggs, snow pea sprouts and micro herbs. Drizzle with sriracha sauce.
Nutritions of Korean beef bulgogi bowlfatContent: 486.843 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein